Education & Labor - 2021
Kevin J. McCaffrey - Chair | Samuel Gonzalez - Vice Chair
Susan A. Berland - Kara Hahn - Leslie Kennedy - James F. Mazzarella -All meetings are held on Wednesdays at 11:30 AM at the Suffolk County Legislature, William H. Rogers Building, 725 Veterans Memorial Highway, Smithtown, NY unless otherwise noted below.
|2021 Meeting Dates|
(Operating Budget Only)
- 07/21/2021 Education & Labor Committee Regular Meeting Marked Agenda (PDF)
- 06/16/2021 Education & Labor Committee Regular Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- 06/16/2021 Education & Labor Committee Regular Meeting Marked Agenda (PDF)
- 05/05/2021 Education & Labor Committee Regular Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- 05/05/2021 Education & Labor Committee Regular Meeting Marked Agenda (PDF)
This Committee shall have jurisdiction over the Community College, including, but not limited to, its capital budget projects; the College budget; College collective bargaining agreements; and shall monitor issues affecting or pertaining to public or private schools, including the financing thereof.
This Committee shall also have jurisdiction over all labor matters pertaining to the Department of Labor, Licensing and Consumer Affairs. This shall include all matters regulating labor or assisting in worker retraining, job entry, job development, placement and supportive services.
This Committee will also have jurisdiction over the funding, enforcement and implementation of the living wage law and OSHA.
This Committee shall also consider and vote on any appointment to a board, commission, department, agency, authority, task force, or comparable entity under the jurisdiction of this Committee.