Suffolk County Legislator Nick Caracappa is a lifelong resident of Selden. He is the proud father of five children - Joseph, William, Rosine, Julianna and Gloria.
As County Legislator for the Fourth District, Nick is honored and humbled to be given the opportunity to continue the hard work and vision that two preceding Suffolk County Legislators, the late Tom Muratore and his mother, the late Rose Caracappa had for this great community where he was born and raised.
Nick is the Majority Caucus Leader, and Chairs the Legislature’s Public Works, Transportation & Energy and the Veterans & Consumer Affairs Committees. Additionally, he is a member of the Environment, Parks & Agriculture and the Budget & Finance Committees.
Nick’s employment and volunteer history demonstrates his total commitment to family, community and the hard working people he so proudly represents.
His extensive professional experience includes:
- Suffolk County Water Authority Employee - 34 years.
- President, Utility Workers’ Union of America, AFL-CIO Local-393 - 14 years.
- Former Utility Workers’ Union of America National Executive Board Member.
- Former Middle Country Central School District Trustee - 7 years.
- Vice President Selden/Centereach/Three Village Little League - 15 years.
- Volunteer at Ground Zero.
- Parent Teacher Association Member.
- Selden Civic Association Member.
Nick, in his own words looks forward to “rolling up his sleeves and getting to work.” He is ready to apply his vast experience and love for his community to serve as Legislator, representing Suffolk County’s Fourth District.