A Message From Sarah
I would like to thank the residents of the Sixth Legislative District for their continued support as I enter my 9th year as your Suffolk County Legislator. Together we have worked to protect the integrity of this great community by addressing issues and improving our quality of life.
I will continue to be proactive and prioritize issues by stabilizing county expenses, fighting crime and the drug epidemic, addressing traffic safety and working to preserve what’s left of our precious open space.
As your representative, I serve on a number of committees including:
- Chairwoman of the Seniors and Human Services Committee
- Chairwoman of the Health Committee
- Vice-Chairwoman of the Veterans and Consumer Affairs Committee
- Budget and Finance Committee Member
- Environment, Planning and Agriculture Committee Member
- Chairwoman of the Addiction Prevention and Support Advisory Panel
- Chairwoman of the School Traffic Safety Commission
- Chairwoman to the Rails to Trails Civic Advisory Roundtable
- Suffolk County Cancer Prevention and Health Promotion Coalition Member
- Suffolk County Transportation Working Group Member
- Brookhaven National Laboratory Legislative Advisory Board Member
- Welfare to Work Commission Member
- Child Care Commission Member
- Board of Health Member
- Emergency Department Opioid Response Working Group Member
- Youth Addiction Panel Advisory
- Teen Pregnancy Task Force Advisory
My office is here to assist you in accessing the many services available to you as a resident of Suffolk County. Call my office at 631-854-1600 or contact me via email.
Your neighbor and legislator,
Sarah S. Anker