- Drafted legislation to canvas lists of the most environmentally sensitive land parcels yet to be preserved (1793-13 (PDF)).
- Sponsored a bill to establish an “Emergency Call Center Action Team” consisting of retired 911 operators to prevent potential under staffing during peak call times (Introductory Resolution 1505-13 (PDF)).
- Introduced legislation that gives school districts a voice on the Suffolk County Food Policy Council (Introductory Resolution 1421-13 (PDF)).
- Drafted legislation appropriating funding for the replacement of safety fencing at McAllister County Park to protect both beach patrons and its environmentally sensitive bluffs (Introductory Resolution 1411-13 (PDF)).
- Sponsored a bill to have the Department of Public Works assess the vulnerability of Suffolk County infrastructure to sea water rise (Introductory Resolution 1305-13 (PDF)).
- Introduced legislation that will establish an educational outreach program to assist businesses realized the full economic value of cultural arts events (Introductory Resolution 1253-13 (PDF)).
- Drafted legislation to establish active shooter protocols for staff at all County facilities (Introductory Resolution 1198-13 (PDF)).
- Sponsored bills to appoint Robert A. Schaefer (Introductory Resolution 1179-13 (PDF)), Erin Leigh Thoresen (Introductory Resolution 1195-13 (PDF)) and John T. Woods (Introductory Resolution 1346-13 (PDF)) to the Food Policy Council of Suffolk County.
- Introduced legislation that will enable the Department of Health Services to train individuals on Narcan usage in cases of opiate overdose (Introductory Resolution 1151-13 (PDF)).
- Put forward a common sense policy to guard against gun violence by cross referencing the names of anyone undergoing a psychiatric crisis and transported to Stony Brook University’s Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) against Suffolk County’s pistol license registries (Introductory Resolution 1121-13 (PDF)).
- Sponsored bills to preserve the pristine Terryville Greenbelt (Introductory Resolution 1119-13 (PDF)) and historic Gentleman’s Riding Club (Introductory Resolution 1118-13 (PDF)) in Port Jefferson Station.
- Introduced planning steps to acquire over three acres of land in Port Jefferson Village (Introductory Resolution 1038-13 (PDF)).
- Sponsored a local law to ensure the safety of children in child care facilities (Introductory Resolution 1001-13 (PDF)).